I Am or My Dependent Is Gaining or Losing Coverage Under Another Plan
Change your benefits
Within 30 days
- If you or your dependent gain or lose coverage under another employer sponsored plan, you may add or cancel coverage under Powell’s benefit plans within 30 days of the life event effective date.
Within 60 days
- If you or your dependent gain or lose coverage through a government sponsored medical plan like CHIP, Medicaid or Medicare, you may add or cancel coverage under Powell’s benefit plans within 60 days of the life event effective date.
Get your documents ready!
If you are or your dependent is gaining or losing coverage under another plan, you are required to submit proof of new coverage or loss of coverage. Supporting documentation must include an effective date of coverage or coverage termination date within 30 days of the date of the request. The Benefits Department with accept the following documentation as proof:
- Benefit Confirmation Statement with Company logo
- New Member ID cards from a medical carrier
- COBRA Special Rights Notice
- CHIP, Medicare, or Medicaid letter stating coverage is activated or terminated
Initiate your life event request in Benefits Self Service
To initiate your Life Event request in Oracle, login to Employee Benefits Self Service at powellbenefits.com and click on Report a Life Event.